CrossFit works because our brand of fitness is broad and inclusive. There are 10 General Physical Skills we promote at CrossFit. They are:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
9. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
10. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
Because of the focus on each of these skills, our athletes see significant improvements in their body composition, work capacity, health markers (BP, Cholesterol, etc.), and their ability to perform tasks in sport and in their daily lives.